Encouragement From God

Jacob also went on his way, and the angels of God met him. 2 When Jacob saw them, he said, “This is the camp of God!” So he named that place Mahanaim. Genesis 32:1-2

Jacob was well on his way to Canaan at this point, and he encountered angels. Why now? Why in the middle of his journey?

A simple explanation is that they encouraged him. He had just had a major confrontation (and later truce) with his father in law, and uprooted his entire family. Was he doing the right thing? Could he have done better to work things out with Laban?

Jacob and his tribe was where they should have been and these angels camped with him.

Sometimes we all just need a word or two of encouragement. It may not be angelic like Jacob but from the right source, it may well be angelic.

I say this often, 75% of the people you meet will need encouragement today. The other 25% will need it tomorrow. I

t’s probably safe to say that you can never encourage too much. That goes with spouses, friends, family, children, co-workers, or even the shopkeeper that just had a run-in with a rude customer.

Encourage someone today. It doesn’t take much and it may be a life-changing event for that person.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.