13 “If my people would only listen to me, if Israel would only follow my ways,
14 how quickly I would subdue their enemies and turn my hand against their foes! Psalm 81:13-14
The principle throughout Scripture is clear: if a nation honors God, then God will honor that nation. What does that mean exactly because in nations with millions of people, there are bound to be millions of sinners? Correct. What does it mean to honor God?
- How does the government treat those who are less fortunate?
- How does the government stand up to evil?
- How does the government treat foreigners?
- Does the government acknowledge Biblical morals?
- Is the justice system fair?
- Does the government oppress its people?
These are just a few questions we can ask of ours and other governments as we seek to find answers this question.
Pray for your government. Pray that they will seek to honor God in all they do.