Need a Little Encouragement?

Kaph
This psalm is an acrostic poem. Each stanza begins with successive letters of the Hebrew alphabet. The verses of each stanza begin with the same letter of the Hebrew alphabet.

81 My soul faints with longing for your salvation,
    but I have put my hope in your word.
82 My eyes fail, looking for your promise;
    I say, “When will you comfort me?”
83 Though I am like a wineskin in the smoke,
    I do not forget your decrees.
84 How long must your servant wait?
    When will you punish my persecutors?
85 The arrogant dig pits to trap me,
    contrary to your law.
86 All your commands are trustworthy;
    help me, for I am being persecuted without cause.
87 They almost wiped me from the earth,
    but I have not forsaken your precepts.
88 In your unfailing love preserve my life,
    that I may obey the statutes of your mouth. Psalm 119:81-88

In this passage, the psalmist sounded like he’s been beaten down. He has lost his strength and hope. He needed encouragement.

We all need encouragement.

It has been said that on any given day, 75% of the people need encouragement. The remaining 25% will need it the next day.

It’s easy to lose courage and heart. Whether it’s the troublesome people and situations on the outside or the thoughts of self-doubt and pity within, we need encouragement.

Encourage somebody today. Take them out for coffee or a meal. Ask them how you can pray for them, and then do it.

Always be a little kinder than necessary. -James M. Barrie

Leave a Reply

Close Menu