14 “Sacrifice thank offerings to God,
fulfill your vows to the Most High,
15 and call on me in the day of trouble;
I will deliver you, and you will honor me.” Psalm 50:14-15
It has been said that 80% of success is showing up. While it may be an exaggeration, the point is made: most people don’t even show up.
- Getting to the job interview takes time, energy, and gas money.
- Becoming a musician takes talent, hard work, and discipline to show up to rehearsals.
- Being a success at the office requires you to show up at meetings, participate, and to do what’s required.
On the other hand, if you don’t show up, you’ll:
- Never get that promotion
- Never become a better musician
- Never get that job even if you could have written the requirements based on your experience.
Those are merely examples and could be true with most things in life.
Fortunately for us, God shows up 100% of the time and waits for us to show up. We can come in the morning or at noon or even at midnight, but showing up for a divine encounter with a living, loving God requires commitment on our part.
No one else can do it for us.
The preacher can’t.
Your spouse can’t.
Your kids and grandkids can’t.
Even your best friend can’t show up in your place.
You and I have to do it.
Showing up with 1000 things on your agenda or a blank slate is really immaterial. In fact, you might say it’s the other 20% of the equation.
Honor Him, as verse 15 states, and He will deliver you.