7 As they make music they will sing, “All my fountains are in you.” Psalm 87:7
Or put another way, “all my springs of spiritual joy are in you.” If we considered this verse for a few moments and took it to heart, how would it change the way we think?
- Would we worry about the future? Joy in the present is more beneficial than worry about the future.
- Would we fret over finances? God will provide, somehow, in some way.
- Would we complain? Joy and complaining aren’t complementary.
- Would we be angry at matters we can’t control? True joy dispels anger and hostility.
- Would we say spiteful things? Joy and spite are incompatible.
“All my springs of spiritual joy are in you.”