I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body I live by faith in the Son of God who loved me and gave himself for me. Galatians 2:20
I live by faith in the Son of God. Our walk is one by faith and not by sight. It’s easy to forget that in the heat of battle called life.
A number of years ago a movie came out that my family still talks about, What About Bob? It featured Richard Dreyfuss as a psychologist with a book titled “Baby Steps.” He encouraged all his patients to take his advice and do thing by simple baby steps. Nothing major, just small, seemingly insignificant steps in the right direction.
Our faith journey often resembles that, a little at a time. Some times are steps get larger as we’re encouraged by our progress in the smaller steps. Sometimes we fall down. We get right back up and do it all over again. Some days He tells us to take giant steps or to run.
What does a baby step of faith look like?
- Encouraging someone who needs it even when you don’t have time to do it.
- Visiting someone in a hospital
- Taking over for an afternoon for an overstressed mother.
- Housing a missionary family during furlough
- Deciding to adopt an orphaned child (this entire process will involve many steps of faith)
- Taking that job that doesn’t pay as well but is closer to home.
The list is endless.