12 Restore to me the joy of your salvation
and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me. Psalm 51:12
When I read the first part of this verse, it reminds me of Revelation 2:4, “Yet I hold this against you: You have forsaken the love you had at first.”
Remember what it was like when you first became a Christian?
- Remember what you had planned and hoped and wanted to do for Christ?
- Remember the joy of knowing your sins were forgiven? There was a newness of life, a fresh new outlook on the drudgery that was your life.
- Remember digging deep into the Bible to find answers to life’s most basic and deepest problems?
- Remember the hours you spent in prayer for those who were lost without Christ?
- Remember seeing people being baptized and rejoicing in that?
Wouldn’t you like to return to those days, this time having years and years of maturity under your belt?
Is there any reason under the sun you cannot return to those days?