For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved, it is the power of God. 1 Corinthians 1:18
Is it any wonder “they” don’t believe!
- Claimed to be God, the Son of God, and Messiah
- Was born of a virgin
- Turned water into wine and walked on water
- Raised the lame and dead
- Cast out demons
- Healed the sick
- Lived a sinless life for 33 years
- Preached for three years
- Foretold of his impending death on a cross
- Predicted that he would be raised to life and ascend to the Throne of God
- Taught that if you believed in Him, your sins would be forgiven and you would have eternal life.
Foolishness or power of God? If you get annoyed or disgusted with that list, it’s probably foolishness to you. If, however, you feel energized after reading the list, it’s as the Scripture states, the power of God.
Our task as Believers is to help “them” make the transition from thinking the message of the cross is foolishness to believing it to be the power of God. Impossible task? Not really. The Man described above will show us how.