Guard My Life

2 Guard my life, for I am faithful to you; save your servant who trusts in you. You are my God; Psalm 86:2

David desperately needed the Hand of God to protect Him from those who were hunting him down. If they found him, they would have been ruthless with him.

As I mentioned yesterday, guarding your heart is absolutely essential for the Christian life. We come against many who would want to destroy our faith and to tear us down. There is not a lot of encouragement when we see the state of the world. And don’t forget the tricks our mind plays on us with negative and self-destructive thoughts. We desperately need God to guard our life. We also need to watch our “intake” as well.

What are we seeing and hearing throughout the day?

What are we feeding our souls? On the other hand, how are you in the encouragement department? It has been said that 75% of people will need encouragement today, and the remaining 25% will need it tomorrow. Think of creative ways to encourage others.

You usually can’t go wrong with a simple well thought out encouraging remark.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.