7 We are consumed by your anger and terrified by your indignation.
8 You have set our iniquities before you, our secret sins in the light of your presence.
9 All our days pass away under your wrath; we finish our years with a moan. Psalm 90:7-9
There is nothing in this life that is hidden from God.
- When people burglarize homes, most of the time they do it in the dark.
- Protesters often cover their faces with masks.
- In politics, the “cover-up” is often worse than the initial crime.
- When Adam and Even sin, they immediately tried to hide it and cover it up.
- There will be no darkness in heaven.
- Jonah tried to go in the opposite direction from where God wanted him to go.
You can run but you cannot hide from God. I’ve not said anything earth shattering or new in this devotional. The idea of hiding and darkness and covering your sins is interrelated.
On the positive side of the equation is God’s watchful eye over us. He doesn’t sleep nor dies He slumber, mainly because He doesn’t need to.
Are you keenly aware today that you are being watched and followed by the One cares for you the most in this world?