Even when I am old and gray, do not forsake me, my God,
till I declare your power to the next generation, your mighty acts to all who are to come. Psalm 71:18
My generation certainly has a challenge ahead of us: We are to pass down what we know to the next generation of Believers. How do we do that in the time we have left?
It starts and ends with faithfulness. As I’ve stated in many posts, people are watching us. The next few generations are watching us closely.
- They want to know that what we believe is worth believing in.
- They want to know that our deeds are matching our words.
- They want to see us love our spouses the way we should.
- They want to see a faithfulness to God that is unmatched.
- I also believe they want to see that those in the church are different than those outside the church.
Essentially as we live our Christian lives, we are teaching them about our faith. Of course we may have opportunity to “pass the mantle” on to them through teaching and instruction, and we should do that, but I am certain they will learn much of what we truly need to teach them through our faithful actions.