The Proud

Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position. Do not be conceited. Romans 12:16

We chuckle when we read this verse because we often consider ourselves as people of low position. There are always others who are “lower” position than we are. Poor and the homeless come to mind. Sometimes we think we’re smarter than others – and we may be – but we tend to think someone with lesser intelligence has less value.

We really need to be vigilant about this attitude because pride creeps up early and often. Recognizing it is 80% of the battle. Doing something meaningful about it is the remaining 20%.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.