A thousand years in your sight are like a day that has just gone by, or like a watch in the night. Psalm 90:4
Eternity is as much of a mystery to me as it was to Moses when he wrote this. What do we know about heaven and eternity?
- We do know that the goodness and glory of God will be on display (Psalm 19:1).
- We know that there will be no darkness there (Rev. 22:5).
- We know that there will be no more tears or sorrow or sadness there (Rev. 21:4)
- We know that the streets are paved with gold (Rev. 21:21).
- We know that we will judge the world (1 Corinthians 6:2).
- We know that He will be among His people (Rev. 21:3)
There’s more we can infer from Biblical passages but the point is that we know some about eternity but until we get there, it doesn’t make much sense to us. Granted, what we do know should excite us. As the late singer Keith Green was fond of saying, “We’re living in a garbage can compared to what’s going on in heaven.”
Stop and think about eternity and heaven for a moment.
What a glorious day that will be!