Like a broken tooth or a lame foot is reliance on the unfaithful in a time of trouble. Proverbs 25:19
What does it really mean that “God is faithful?” I mean, we say it often enough, but what does it mean?
Of course we know that God is “there” when we need Him because He has always been there. Or here. He created everything we know, everything before us, and everything that comes later. So what does being “there” really mean?
- When you bow your head to pray after a loss, or as this verse states, in a time of trouble, you know – you just know – that you are not alone.
- When the tears do not cease to flow because of all the junk you’re experiencing, you know you are not alone.
- When a friend you have not talked to in ages calls during this time, you know you are not alone.
- When you open Scripture and read during these rough patches, you know you are not alone.
- When you are able to comfort others ten years later because you went through that rough patch, you know you are not alone.
I’m sure there is much more to that phrase “God is faithful” than this, but you also know when you say, “God is faithful,” you know – you just know – that He is.